I’ve recently discovered Ethereum -
more than a cryptocurrency, it is a general-purpose Turing-complete blockchain-based platform for hosting decentralized applications. I had been waiting for something like Ethereum for more than two years, after I realized that the potential of Bitcoin was limited by its inherent weaknesses in term of mining, centralization and incentive structure.
I had promised myself to seize the next blockchain-based opportunity, and I feel that Ethereum could be it.
But its complexity makes it difficult to grasp, so after quite a bit a research I decided to make a video of what I found to help me understand and price Ethereum.
- [0:00] Introduction: the various cryptocurrencies
- [1:30] Ethereum prices of the last month
- [4:30] Market Cap
- [8:20] Ethereum mining hypothesis
- [10:40] Total Ether supply
- [11:40] Block difficulty
- [12:40] Refutation of hypothesis
- [14:30] An interesting contract…
- [16:30] Inside story
- [18:00] A convincing prediction
- [19:00] Summary
- [22:10] Further prediction
- [24:00] Speculation and analysis; comparision with Bitcoin
- [27:50] Conclusion
- [29:00] Notes about the potential of Ethereum
- [30:00] Personal strategy